Become a Community Group Leader
Thank you for your interest in becoming a CG Leader
Below you will find the steps to becoming a CG Leader at Redeemer Church
If you have any questions along the way, be sure to contact Andy Fletcherfirstname.lastname@example.org
5 Simple Steps to becoming a Community Group Leader
- DOWNLOAD and read the Redeemer Community Group Leader Job Description here
- NOTIFY your current CG Leader of your desire to lead a group and ask for opportunities to lead discussion, host groups and organize events.. (If you are NOT already in leadership or a form of community at Redeemer, we would ask that you join one for at least 1 semester prior to becoming a leader.)
- PRAY for God's direction and IDENTIFY a willing co-leader/partner for helping launch your group.
- COMPLETE the Community Group Application. This allows us to know you better and help guide you through the process. Brand new CG leaders may take a little bit longer than leaders who have had experience with small groups.
- READ. If you haven't, we recommend reading Hope Shifting by Jim Applegate and Prodigal God by Timothy Keller. These are both quick reads. Prodigal God, probably more than any book besides the Bible, has shaped our understanding of the gospel. Hope Shifting applies that gospel message to everyday life. Free copies of both books are available.
- CONTACT Andy Fletcher and begin ATTENDING the 6 Week Community Group Leader Training class that is scheduled.
What Comes Next?
At this point, you will be paired with a Community Group Coach and they will begin working with you through the 6 Week Community Group Leader Training Class to help launch your group successfully! Based on experience, some groups will launch immediately and others may require the coaches to help you develop your group prior to launching.
Again, If you have any questions along the way, be sure to contact Andy Fletcher at email@example.com