Become a Community Group Leader
thank you for your interest in becoming a Community Group Leader.
Below you will find the steps to becoming a CG Leader at Redeemer Church
If you have any questions along the way, be sure to contact Andy Fletcheremail@example.com
5 Simple Steps to becoming a Community Group Leader
- DOWNLOAD and read the Redeemer Community Group Leader Job Description here
- PRAY for God's direction and begin to IDENTIFY a core group and a willing co-leader for your group. Remember: your co-leader will also need to complete this process.
- NOTIFY your current CG Leader of your desire to lead a group and ask for opportunities to lead discussion, host groups and organize events.. (If you are NOT already in leadership or a form of community at Redeemer, we would ask that you join one for at least 1 semester prior to becoming a leader.)
- COMPLETE the Community Group Application. This is part of the process that allows us to know you better and help us guide you through the process. Brand new CG leaders may take a little bit longer than leaders who have had experience with small groups.
- If you haven't, we recommend reading Hope Shifting by Jim Applegate and Prodigal God by Timothy Keller. These are both quick reads. Prodigal God, probably more than any book besides the Bible, has shaped our understanding of the gospel. Hope Shifting applies that gospel message to everyday life. Both of these books will help you as you disciple others in community.
- CONTACT Andy Fletcher and begin ATTENDING the Community Group Leader Training events that are scheduled.
What Comes Next?
At this point, you will be paired with a Community Group Coach and they will begin working with you and your current CG Leader to help you launch your group successfully! Based on experience, some groups will launch immediately and others may require the coaches to help you develop your group prior to launching.
Again, If you have any questions along the way, be sure to contact Andy Fletcher at firstname.lastname@example.org